The Society of Young Nigerian Writers (SYNW) has flayed Senator Abiola Ajimobi’s delay to immortalize the late literary icon, Alagba Adebayo Faleti.
The late Adebayo Faleti who wrote, produced and acted a number of movies, which include Thuderbolt, Magun (2001), Afonja (1 &2), 2002, Basorun Gaa (2004), and Sawo-Sogberi (2005) passed on to glory on the 23rd of July 2017 at the ripeful age of 86.
This was contained in a press statement made available to newsmen on Wednesday by the national president of the organization, Mr. Wole Adedoyin.
The literary body in a statement signed by its President, Mr. Wole Adedoyin contended that the late Yoruba literary sage who it regarded as a great Yoruba literary colossus deserved even in death more honour than he is currently being accorded through press releases from eminent personalities and organizations.
According to Wole Adedoyin “ we are not surprised that the past and present crop of Oyo state political administrators are not fond of honoring their outstanding sons and daughters. Till today no government immortalized Baba Supo Kosemani despite his contributions to Yoruba Language and Proverbs. Same thing with Dr. Larinde Akinleye.
“They are almost forgotten. No epitaphs, statues to immortalize their names by the state government and they were brilliant and outstanding sons and daughters of Oyo state.
“We are warning the governor not to see the wrath of our pens. We want Mr. Governor to rename either Oyo State Council for Arts and Culture or Oyo State Library Board after Alagba Adebayo Faleti”, Adedoyin added.
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution