The All Progressives Congress candidate in the governorship election in Oyo State, Mr. Bayo Adelabu has succeeded in his appeal against the election of Mr. Seyi Makinde of the People Democratic Party.
By a majority decision of 4 to 1, the panel justices on Monday in Ibadan upheld the three prayers of the APC candidate, ruling in his favour.
But the court failed to give a return that Adelabu is elected and should be sworn in to replace Governor Makinde.
Makinde was returned elected by the Independent National Electoral Commission and the election tribunal but Adelabu appealed the tribunal judgement at the Court of Appeal, which ruled in his favour this morning.
The implication is that the Supreme Court may have to resolve the debacle.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal