The All Progressives Congress candidate in the governorship election in Oyo State, Mr. Bayo Adelabu has succeeded in his appeal against the election of Mr. Seyi Makinde of the People Democratic Party.
By a majority decision of 4 to 1, the panel justices on Monday in Ibadan upheld the three prayers of the APC candidate, ruling in his favour.
But the court failed to give a return that Adelabu is elected and should be sworn in to replace Governor Makinde.
Makinde was returned elected by the Independent National Electoral Commission and the election tribunal but Adelabu appealed the tribunal judgement at the Court of Appeal, which ruled in his favour this morning.
The implication is that the Supreme Court may have to resolve the debacle.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note