The All Progressives Congress candidate in the governorship election in Oyo State, Mr. Bayo Adelabu has succeeded in his appeal against the election of Mr. Seyi Makinde of the People Democratic Party.
By a majority decision of 4 to 1, the panel justices on Monday in Ibadan upheld the three prayers of the APC candidate, ruling in his favour.
But the court failed to give a return that Adelabu is elected and should be sworn in to replace Governor Makinde.
Makinde was returned elected by the Independent National Electoral Commission and the election tribunal but Adelabu appealed the tribunal judgement at the Court of Appeal, which ruled in his favour this morning.
The implication is that the Supreme Court may have to resolve the debacle.
- Nigeria to begin free visa entry for Africans by 2020
- BREAKING…. Electricity employees suspend strike action
- BREAKING…. At last, Kwara governor picks new date to swear-in commissioners
- FG urged to set up unemployment fund
- Senate seeks 20% from budget to fund constituency projects
- Senate probes PPPRA over N800bn roads maintenance fund
- Senate moves against illegal influx of foreign vessels
- Buhari, Sanwo-Olu, Marwa bemoan prevalence of drug abuse in Nigeria
- Aisha Buhari fires Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu (FULL STATEMENT)
- Senate probes N20trn unremitted stamp duties from banks, others