The immediate past Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun has left Nigeria to London, United Kingdom.
Multiple sources at the airport confirmed her departure to our correspondent on Saturday night.
Adeosun, who resigned her appointment as finance minister after being indicted by the National Youth Service Corps that she forged her exemption certificate, was said to have travelled with a British Airways flight to London.
The British Airways aircraft that she took to London according to sources at the airport left the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport at exactly 8:05am on Saturday.
One of the sources who pleaded not to be named as he was not officially permitted to speak on the matter said that the minister was sighted at the airport before she boarded the flight.
The source said, “The (ex) finance minister was at the airport this morning and she has travelled out of the country to UK.
“She left with a British Airways flight which departed the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport at exactly 8:05am.”
Attempts to get comments from the ex-finance minister’s Media Adviser, Oluyinka Akintunde, were not successful as repeated calls made to his mobile were not replied.
When contacted, the spokesperson for the British Airways, Yinka Kola, said, ‘Unfortunately, due to data protection laws, I am unable to provide that information as whatever all our passengers do are entirely private to them.”
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes
- FG approves trade union for Bolt, Uber Drivers
- Election: Close down institutions, allow students vote– Reps to FG
- ICPC re-arrests former JAMB registrar Dibu Ojerinde
- Kwara Assembly approves extension of Acting Auditor-General’s tenure