Stake holders in the aviation sector have emphasised on the need for Public Private Partnership as a way of building a better and stronger sector.
This call was made at the occasion of the arrival of two Airbus 320, a 180 passenger seater aircraft from Heston airline based in Lithuania received by Aero Contractors at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja on Thursday.
Speaking to journalist after taking the delivery of the aircrafs, the Managing Director of Aero Contractors, Capt. Abdullahi Mahmood said with Aviation being the economic heartbeat of any nation, the addition of new fleet to the business is a way of diversifying the sector, increasing capacity and ensuring that customers derive value for their money.
According to him, “We are pleased to secure these two aircraft through House of Five A’s which will boost our fleet and give us the needed capacity in the Nigerian market, while making us more efficient and offer more comfort to our customers.
“These new generation aircraft are suitable to our operations in this market. We have established an excellent relationship with the lessors and the financier and we are looking forward to a stronger relationship between both parties.”
Also speaking, the former Managing Director of the company, Capt. Ado Sanusi, noted that the occasion is something of joy, as the oldest airline in the country is coming up strong and more vibrant.
He said: “What I will really like to see is more collaboration. From what we can see it is three airlines and we thank the investors for bringing this aircrafts at this time especially as we are approaching the festive season.”
He urged the investor to keep investing in aviation, adding that aviation is a very unique industry and also encourage other people to invest in the Nigerian aviation industry as he would like other investors to invest in the aviation industry.
“Aero contractors have gone through a lot and are now on the path of recovery. We thank NCAA but non of this would have happened without AMCON. Public private participation is very important we believe that it would be efficient and passengers can get value for their money.”
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution