American filmmaker, Tyler Perry has shared an Instagram post addressed to US soldiers following the turnaround of things after Talibans seized power.
Tyler Perry who thanked US soldiers for their bravery and selflessness, stated that he knows that the entire situation has them triggered, broken and wanting to suit up.
He noted that he is hopeful the soldiers and their familes know he and others are proud of their bravery and sacrifice.
To our US military, from the bottom of my broken heart, I thank you for your bravery, your selflessness, and your brave hearts. And to all the veterans, some of whom are my friends and employees, I know that this entire Afghanistan situation has you triggered, broken, and wanting to suit up. It is my hope and prayer that you and all the families of the fallen know how proud we are of you. Thank you for your service, thank you for your bravery, and thank you for your sacrifice!! May God bless you all.
Acting swiftly on President Joe Biden’s promise to retaliate for the deadly suicide bombing at Kabul airport, the U.S. military said it used a drone strike to kill a member of the Islamic State group’s Afghanistan affiliate on Saturday August 28.
The strike came amid what the White House called indications that IS planned to strike again as the U.S.-led evacuation from Kabul airport moved into its final days. Biden has set Tuesday as his deadline for completing the exit.
Biden authorized the drone strike and it was ordered by Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, a defense official said.
The airstrike was launched from beyond Afghanistan less than 48 hours after the devastating Kabul attack that killed 13 Americans and scores of Afghans with just days left in a final U.S. withdrawal after 20 years in Afghanistan. U.S. Central Command provided few details; it said it believed its strike killed no civilians.
- American journalist collapses, dies at Qatar World Cup
- ICPC: D’banj breaks silence after release
- Tinubu better than Peter Obi, but he’s a drug lord– Reno
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele