Barely one week to the March 9, governorship and state house of assembly elections, the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, arrived Ilorin the Kwara State capital in preparation for the polls.
He was received on Saturday March 2, at the Ilorin International airport by mammoth crowd comprising party elders, supporters and candidates, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Saraki who lost his Senate seat to Dr. Yahaya Oloriegbe during the February 23, presidential and National Assembly elections urged his teeming supporters not to be discouraged by the outcome of the elections in the state.
See pictures below:
He advised them to troop out en masse to vote for the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) governorship and house of assembly candidates come March 9 elections.
Saraki expressed confidence that the PDP has the number to emerge victorious in the remaining elections urging them to close ranks and work in unison for the PDP in the governorship and house of assembly elections.
While appealing to his supporters and other aggrieved stakeholders to overlook wherever the system might have erred in the overall interest of Kwara state, Saraki reminded them that “those you voted for in anger are not your people and cannot attend to your needs as we, who are your brothers will do.”
He however thanked the people of the state for their support, assuring them that he would always be around to cater for their needs.
He added “I can’t run away. My covenant with my people transcends politics. I will never abandon my people. We should not fight. I leave everything to God. I will not fight even with those they declared winnners of the last weekend’s elections. We must cooperate for the governorship election. Once we do this, we shall win the election.”
“We should stop internal wrangling. We shall emerge victorious in the remaining election. I’m here to assure you that I shall never abandon you, my people. The people you have voted for are not known to you. We should forgive ourselves and move forward in the interest of our state.”
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities