The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Yakubu Dogara, has replied the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, over the latter’s allegation that the National Assembly has been padding the national budget for four years.
Dogara, in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Public Affairs, Mr. Turaki Hassan, carpeted Tinubu, describing him as “ignorant of the budgetary process.”
The statement reads in part, “Only the ignorant with dubious academic certificates will say the maker of a document has padded the document that only he can constitutionally make.
“Finally, we advise Asiwaju Tinubu to be circumspect in his use of language.
“In this case, he spoke as a spokesperson of depravity. Our reaction must therefore be seen as a provoked counter-punch.
“Any one can descend into the gutter if he so wishes; but no one has a monopoly of gutter language.
“We won’t run an adult day care centre anymore on matters like this.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7