President Muhammadu Buhari has disclosed that he looks forward to when he will be “less busy” as his age is telling on him.
Speaking in an interview on NTA, the Nigerian leader who recently turned 79, expressed hope of Nigerians appreciating all he did at the end of his tenure.
“About my age, I see my colleagues, they are now resting, and I assure you that I look forward to the next 17 months when I too will be less busy.
“The age is telling on me, working now for six, seven to eight hours per day in the office is no joke — there are questions of executive council, memos from as many states as possible to be considered virtually every week. Really, it’s a lot of hard work, but as I’ve said, I asked for it and I cannot complain.
“I have been a governor, I have been a minister, and I’m in my second term as president. So, I’ve gone through all the system and really, what else can I do for this country? I have given my best.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA