Olakunle Adeniyi , Ilorin
Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State has restated his government’s commitment to expanding access to quality and functional education across the state.
The governor, who gave this commitment yesterday in Ilorin during the launching of Sola Saraki Educational Foundation, noted that investment on education means an investment on the future of the society and its people. Dr Ahmed promised that his government will continue to support efforts aimed at expanding and improving access to education at all levels.
According to him, “Education for all is not just a responsibility of government, but all stateholders for qualitative and quantitative education as education plays a pivotal role in the growth and development of any society”.
He therefore called on well-to-do individuals and corporate bodies to complement government’s efforts by investing in education sector so as to safeguard future of younger generations.
The governor saluted the initiative of the organizer, describing the foundation as better way of sustaining the legacy and landmark of the late political juggernaut.
Dr Ahmed described the late Waziri of Ilorin as a shining example of humility and philanthropy, saying that his philanthropic disposition endeared him into the heart of his followers.
In his remarks, the Chairman Board of Trustee, Sola Saraki Educational Foundation, Chief Tunji Arosanyin said the foundation was established in order to sustain the legacy and landmark of Late Olusola Saraki.
Also speaking, the convener/secretary board of trustee, Alhaji Ladi Hassan said the objective of the foundation is to focus on medical students through sponsorship of indigent medical students pursuing MBBS degree in Nigeria universities among others.
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution