One security helicopter has been deployed to Kwara State for air surveillance operation during the presidential and National Assembly elections scheduled to hold tomorrow (Saturday).
The Commander of 203 airforce headquarters, Ilorin, Air Commodore, Patrick Obeya , stated this at a press conference held in Ilorin on Friday.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Airforce boss noted that the helicopter will be on a full security operation patrolling the airspace to provide security for the people of the state.
He urged Kwarans not to panick adding that the helicopter is to provide air surveillance for peaceful conduct of the polls most importantly in some like flashpoint areas.
” We shall communicate information to our sister security agencies for necessary actions. We therefore urged residents of Kwara State to be rest assured of our maximum readiness for the exercise”, he added.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants