Gov Akeredolu scored 2,458 votes to defeat other nine aspirants in the election.
The chairman of the guber primary election, Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi state announced the result, declaring Akeredolu the incumbent the party’s flagbearer of the party
He defeated Chief Olusola Oke, Sola Iji, Isaacs Kekemeke, Olaide Adelami, Jumoke Anifowose, Nathaniel Adojutelegan and Bukola Adetula.
Akeredolu who polled the highest number of votes in all the 18 local government areas of the state, was overwhelmingly voted for by many of the delegates as he beat his closest rival, Oke, with over 50 per cent of votes cast.
Speaking shortly after been declared winner, Governor Akeredolu thanked the Chairman and the committee members for conducting the election in a free and fair situation.
Akeredolu also appreciates President Muhammadu Buhari, the National Leader of the party, Bola Tinubu and other leaders of the APC for their support.
He expressed assurance that come October, 10th 2020, APC will win the election.
- Peace Corps sets for Buhari’s assent to Bill, begins members’ training
- NURTW warns members against rejecting old naira notes
- JAMB opens up on extending registration
- JAMB suspends CBT centre in Kwara for violating rules
- COVID-19 remains International health threat, WHO warns
- 59 confirmed dead and 157 injured in Pakistan mosque bomb blast
- Redesigned notes: Lagos residents groan as scarcity hits hard
- West Ham set up Man United tie by beating Derby
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero