Cristiano Ronaldo who was just signed to Al Nassr, wants Pepe to join him at the Saudi Arabian club, according to Marca.
The former Manchester United player only completed a sensational move to the side this week.
However, the 37-year-old wants to surround himself with some of his friends.
And he has identified Pepe, a teammate of his in the national team and at the club level in the past, as someone the club should go for.
Pepe’s name has come up in the initial conversations held with Ronaldo in Riyadh and has become a target for Al Nassr.
Ronaldo and Pepe have previously played together at the club level in Real Madrid.
They both also formed the core of the Portugal national team in the last decade.
At the last World Cup in Qatar, in one of the games in which Ronaldo was a substitute, Pepe didn’t hesitate to take off his armband and hand it to Ronaldo as soon as stepped on the pitch, in a clear gesture of admiration.
The defender will turn 40 in February but has proved he is still capable of playing top-level football. He is doing so at Porto and now has the chance to continue to do so alongside Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,0000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud