If Ogun State governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, were a stock traded on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, it would cost a fortune to acquire even a single share.
Such is the massive appreciation in the governor’s popularity since he took over the running of affairs in the Gateway State.
Little wonder power brokers, captains of industry and celebrities are getting set to celebrate him as he turns 60.
Friends and associates of the two-term governor are prepared to shake the earth in ensuring that the welfarist governor has a diamond jubilee to remember, especially as this is likely to be his final big celebration before he vacates office next year.
The dude from Ogun Central is one of the rare souls whose popularity has enjoyed meteoric rise on the back of their people-oriented policies.
Elected to the Senate in 2003, he became the governor of Ogun State at the second attempt in 2011 and easily won a second term four years later.
Under him, Ogun State has transformed from a relative wasteland to a land brimming with opportunities for investors.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Ndudi Elumelu wins PDP Reps ticket for 5th term
- FG imposes new tax on phone-calls to fund healthcare
- Abia Speaker wins PDP’s ticket for House of Reps
- Ali Isa emerges as PDP’s Balanga/Billiri Federal Constituency, Gombe, candidate
- Breaking…..Wahab Issa, Mohammed Ajia declared winner of PDP Reps primaries
- Lagos PDP calls for cancellation of primaries
- Commission begins screening of intending Christian pilgrims
- Ortom expresses satisfaction with work on roads, other projects
- 2023 Presidency: Lawan begs Kano to swing in his favour
- I’ll reform education sector if elected president —Lawan