The police had on Aug. 3, arraigned the accused persons, Abdulwahab Abdullahi and Abubakar Nuhu on a three-count of alleged armed robbery and conspiracy.
Justice Eleojo Enenche fixed Monday for trial following the submissions of the prosecution and the defendants’ counsel.
The judge had earlier on Aug. 3 remanded them in Kuje correctional centre after they had pleaded not guilty.
At the resumed sitting on Monday, the prosecution counsel, Benson Emenike told the court that they were ready for the trial and that their witnesses were present.
The defendants counsel, C.U Peters told the court that he was taking up the matter on pro bon and had not been served with proof of service.
He prayed that the prosecution should serve them with proof of evidence to enable them to study it so that the case could go on daily.
Earlier, the police had alleged that the accused and others at large, conspired to commit the offence.
The prosecution claimed that on March 19 in Jikwoyi, Abuja, the accused armed and robbed one Mr Martin Beba of his car and several ATM cards.
The Police further alleged that they also kidnapped Beba and demanded for a ransom of N10 million.
According the police, the offences are contrary to sections 1(a) and 6(b) of Robbery and Firearms Special Provision Act.
The accused pleaded not guilty to the allegations against them.
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi