A septuagenarian, Olusegun Otolorin, on Friday prayed a High Court in Oyo to order a police officer, DSP Ibrahim Kawu and his father, Audu, to pay him N50 million as compensation for allegedly assaulting him.
Otolorin, through his counsel, Mrs Omobolaji Babadiya, told the court that Kawu and his father humiliated and injured him and his friends over a feud over a landed property.
He also alleged that Kawu and his father sent thugs who attacked and stabbed him,
The claimant said that the incident happened on March 26, 2014 at KM 147, on the Iwo road , Ojoo Expressway, Alagbayun area of Ibadan.
He prayed the court to declared the action of Kawu and his father, was wrongful, illegal, unconstitutional and a violation of his rights.
Testifying earlier, Kawu, who was represented by Richard Ogunwole, SAN, denied knowledge of the attack.
After listening to the testimonies, Justice Ganiyu Sunmonu, adjourned the case until Nov.6 for continuation of hearing.
Contact: [email protected]
- Harry Akande dies at 77
- N100m not paid as ransom to secure release of Chinese — Association
- 18 dead after carbon monoxide leak in China coal mine – Report
- PWDs: CCD urges MDAs in Lagos State to fully implement disability laws
- Air Peace receives another aircraft from C-Check maintenance – Official
- Peace talks: Afghan national reconciliation council holds first meeting
- Ghanaians confident of peaceful general elections
- Ejike Oji wants state govts. to key into FP programmes, develop plan
- Indian minister tests positive after getting COVID-19 vaccine trial dose
- Enugu by-election commences hitch-free, peacefully
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)