John Akpanudoedehe, National Secretary, APC Caretaker and Extra-ordinary Convention Planning Committee, CECPC, said this in a statement on Wednesday in Abuja.
“The general public is advised to completely ignore a fake news story about the alleged suspension of the APC National Convention planned until June, as reported by some media outlets.
“The dates of party activities such as meetings, primaries, congresses, National Conventions are communicated through notorious official channels and not through sources.
“Anonymous authors and sponsors of fake news about APC activities, in this case the planned National Convention, are simply bent on causing confusion and creating crises through misinformation,” he said.
He further added that as a focus-focused and process-oriented political party, the APC CECPC, under the leadership of Governor Mai Mala Buni, will not be distracted by the selfish antics of these fake news backers.
He said APC CECPC was already embarking on nationwide consultations with party stakeholders to prepare the ground for a grudge-free National Convention.
“To this end, the budget subcommittee and other substructures will be established in due course,” said Mr. Akpankudohede.
He noted and appreciated the continued support of well-meaning party members and leaders as his Interim Committee took on the immediate task of addressing disputes within it.
President Muhammadu Buhari had approved in February the holding of the APC National Convention to elect new members of the National Labor Committee, NWC, to manage the party’s affairs.
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus