An FCT High Court on Wednesday, admitted a 36-year-old man, Omika Abdullahi, who allegedly raped a mentally challenged woman to bail in the sum of N500,000.
The police charged Abdullah, a vulcaniser at Jabi, Abuja with rape.
He pleaded not guilty.
Delivering a ruling, Justice Peter Kekemeke, ordered the defendant to produce one surety in like sum.
Kekemeke also ordered that the surety must show evidence of his means of livelihood and must be a resident of FCT.
He adjourned the matter until Dec. 8, for hearing.
Earlier, the Prosecution counsel, Stanley Nwafoaku told the court that the defendant committed the offence at about 10 a.m., on Jan. 28, 2020 at Wuye, Abuja.
He alleged that the defendant sexually abused a 19-year-old woman who was mentally challenged.
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of Section 283 of the Penal Code.
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC
- Unilorin ASUU protest alleged casualisation of intellectual workers
- Tinubu will run an all-inclusive government, says PCC
- London museum returns looted Benin bronzes to Nigeria
- Fire guts 150 shops in Kachako Market in Kano State
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy