Amaechi begins inspection of projects 2 days after inauguration
Minister of Transportation ,Hon Chibuike Amaechi has embarked on an inspection tour of the Lagos Ibadan rail line, barely 48 hours after being sworn in as cabinet Minister for the second time.
A move to show the determination of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration at ensuring development and better connectivity of Nigerian cities by rail infrastructure.
Recall, in line with President Muhammadu Buhari’s vision, Amaechi had made the inspection of the rail project in his first four years in office a monthly routine since its commencement of in 2017.
During the last inspection tour of the project on the 10th of May, about two weeks to the beginning of a new democratic dispensation, the Minster had announced that the track laying on Lagos Ibadan rail line would be completed by the end of May ahead of its scheduled three years completion date
Also Speaking shortly after the inspection of the project in Ibadan, in May, the Minister of Transportation said the laying of the rail tracks had already gotten to 123 kilometers.
Amaechi had said ” the remaining 34 to 35km which the contractors (CCECC) can cover in the next three weeks which they confirmed would be completed before the end of May .
Currently, track laying from Iju-Ibadan is 100percent completed, while construction work from Ebutte meta to Apapa is ongoing.
The 157km Lagos Ibadan rail project was awarded in 2017 to the Chinese Civil Engineering Construction Company, CCECC to the tune of $1.6billion with a three years completion agreement.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- CBN releases cash, orders banks to operate on weekends
- Supreme Court opens up on CJN trip, meeting Tinubu
- Buhari never said he wouldn’t hand over to Tinubu– Presidency
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents