Minister of Transportation ,Hon Chibuike Amaechi has embarked on an inspection tour of the Lagos Ibadan rail line, barely 48 hours after being sworn in as cabinet Minister for the second time.
A move to show the determination of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration at ensuring development and better connectivity of Nigerian cities by rail infrastructure.
Recall, in line with President Muhammadu Buhari’s vision, Amaechi had made the inspection of the rail project in his first four years in office a monthly routine since its commencement of in 2017.
During the last inspection tour of the project on the 10th of May, about two weeks to the beginning of a new democratic dispensation, the Minster had announced that the track laying on Lagos Ibadan rail line would be completed by the end of May ahead of its scheduled three years completion date
Also Speaking shortly after the inspection of the project in Ibadan, in May, the Minister of Transportation said the laying of the rail tracks had already gotten to 123 kilometers.
Amaechi had said ” the remaining 34 to 35km which the contractors (CCECC) can cover in the next three weeks which they confirmed would be completed before the end of May .
Currently, track laying from Iju-Ibadan is 100percent completed, while construction work from Ebutte meta to Apapa is ongoing.
The 157km Lagos Ibadan rail project was awarded in 2017 to the Chinese Civil Engineering Construction Company, CCECC to the tune of $1.6billion with a three years completion agreement.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment