Aminat Isah, Abuja
China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC), has been urged to hasten the pace of work on the ever busy Lagos-Ibadan Railway project, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
The Minister of Transportation, Hon. Chibuike Amaechi, stated this on Thursday while inspecting the level of work on the site.
The Minister who expressed displeasure on the level of work done so far described it as slow due to constant rain and urged the Contractor handling the project to do meet the deadline.
Amaechi said: “I was not impressed with the laying of the tracks. We had agreed for 11 kilometres and they have laid only three. They have apologized and said that by the next meeting which will take place on the 23rd of July, 2018, they would have done more than 10 and add it to the three which will bring it to 13 kilometres.”
Facebook Comments Box
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends