Aminat Isah, Abuja
The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has received reports of the Marine Board of Inquiry set up to unravel the circumstances surrounding the two separate accidents which involved “MV NIKI C and MT CHARON” and “MT ELIZIR and MT TANK”.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the two accidents involving the collision of a Greek flagged Bulk Carrier “MV NIKI C and MT CHARON” and “MT ELIXIR and MT TANK” occurred on the 21st December, 2013 at Lagos and 19th October, 2015 along the Bonga Terminal (FPSO) Warri, Delta State respectively.
Receiving the Report on behalf of the Hon. Minister from the President of the Marine Board of Inquiry, Chief Magistrate (Mrs.) Adebisi Femi–Segun, who was represented by the Secretary of the Board, Mr Emmanuel Swanta, the Director of Maritime Safety and Security, (MSS), Mallam Danjuma M. Dauda, commended the efforts of the Board for doing a good job.
He also promised that the Federal Government will study the report with a view to implementing the recommendations in the interest of the country.
Speaking earlier, the Secretary of the Board, Mr Emmanuel Swanta who represented the President of the Marine Board of Inquiry, Chief Magistrate (Mrs.) Adebisi Femi–Segun expressed gratitude to the Government for giving the Board the opportunity to serve Nigeria in that capacity.
She noted that the assignment was enormous due to the magnitude of the incidents, however, with the wealth of experience of the Board members and the support received from the Ministry and other stakeholders, they were able to surmount the challenges they faced during the period of the inquiry.
Members of the Board are: Chief Magistrate (Mrs.) Adebisi O Femi Segun President. Mr Philips Akinfemide FMOT-member, Engr. Omotayo Shogo FMOT -member, Capt. Oboma David NIMASA -member, Engr. Benson Aja – Ukpabi NIMASA -Member, Capt. Daniel Hosea NPA – Member, Pilot Rasheed Popoola NPA -Member, Barr. Nicholas O. Anya -Member, Emmanuel Ibrahim Swanta-Secretary
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Zamfara Gov, Bello Matawalle urges traditional rulers to tackle insecurity
- 2023: Kogi delegates shock Ameachi after requesting Yahaya Bello to stepdown ambition
- KWACCIMA collaborates with EFCC for corrupt-free business environment
- NCoS Controller advises officers to show good character, be dedicated
- Education, short road to peace, freedom—NIREC
- Cultist suspect who killed to gain promotion, women, others remanded in prison
- Don’t hold rallies in Abia, IPOB warns APC aspirant
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement on Okada ban
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents