Trump granted rapper Wayne presidential pardon in his final hours as the US President.
The music star took to his Twitter to thank the former president for recognising that he has a lot of responsibilities.
“I want to thank President Trump for recognising that I have so much more to give to my family, my art, and my community.
“ I also want to thank @bradfordcohen for working so diligently to secure another chance for me. Love! he tweeted.
Trump issued 73 pardons and commuted the sentences of 70 additional individuals with Lil Wayne on the list in an official White House statement that was released on Tuesday Jan. 19.
The 38- year- old rapper, had not yet been sentenced, after pleading guilty in Dec. for carrying a loaded firearm while travelling on a private jet.
Dwayne Michael Carter Jr, also known as Lil Wayne, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record executive, entrepreneur and actor.
He is regarded by many contemporaries as one of the most influential hip hop artists of his generation and often cited as one of the greatest rappers of all time.
His career began in 1995, at the age of 12, when he was signed by rapper Birdman, joining Cash Money Records as the youngest member of the label.
For many years, Wayne was the flagship artist of Cash Money Records, before ending his association with the company in June 2018.
The renowned rapper has won numerous awards which includes: Grammy awards of best rapper, Billboard Music Awards among others
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion