The Board of Management of Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital Kano has approved the appointment of Dr Auwalu Umar Gajida, consultant physician as the new Chairman Medical Advisory Committee (CMAC) of the health institution.
Dr Auwalu Umar Gajida was nominated from among the five candidates forwarded by the Medical and Dental Consultants Association of Nigeria to the Board of Management of the hospital for their consideration.
This was contained in a statement issued by AKTH Assistant Director, information and public relations, Hajia Hauwa Muhammad Abdullahi on Thursday.
Solacebase reports that the two years appointment takes effect from 9 September 2020.
The statement said that the duties and responsibilities of the new Chairman Medical Advisory Committee include general coordination and supervision of the twenty-five clinical Departments of the hospital for efficient operation, assisting the Chief Medical Director in the day to day management of the hospital, presiding over the meeting of all clinical Departments and to chair the meeting of all Revolving Fund Committees.
‘’Dr Gajida is also going to serve as a member of many statutory management and Board Committees which includes Joint Development Committee, Senior Staff Appointment, Promotion and Disciplinary, Residency Training, Schools Governing Board, Procurement and planning among others,’’ said the statement.
‘’The Board of Management also congratulated the new Chairman Medical Advisory Committee and wished him God guidance in the discharge of his duties.’’
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate