The Board of Management of Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital Kano has approved the appointment of Dr Auwalu Umar Gajida, consultant physician as the new Chairman Medical Advisory Committee (CMAC) of the health institution.
Dr Auwalu Umar Gajida was nominated from among the five candidates forwarded by the Medical and Dental Consultants Association of Nigeria to the Board of Management of the hospital for their consideration.
This was contained in a statement issued by AKTH Assistant Director, information and public relations, Hajia Hauwa Muhammad Abdullahi on Thursday.
Solacebase reports that the two years appointment takes effect from 9 September 2020.
The statement said that the duties and responsibilities of the new Chairman Medical Advisory Committee include general coordination and supervision of the twenty-five clinical Departments of the hospital for efficient operation, assisting the Chief Medical Director in the day to day management of the hospital, presiding over the meeting of all clinical Departments and to chair the meeting of all Revolving Fund Committees.
‘’Dr Gajida is also going to serve as a member of many statutory management and Board Committees which includes Joint Development Committee, Senior Staff Appointment, Promotion and Disciplinary, Residency Training, Schools Governing Board, Procurement and planning among others,’’ said the statement.
‘’The Board of Management also congratulated the new Chairman Medical Advisory Committee and wished him God guidance in the discharge of his duties.’’
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal