Former governor of Ogun State, Sen. Ibikunle Amosun, has expressed sadness over the death of Sen. Buruji Kashamu who died in Lagos on Saturday from complications arising from COVID-19.
Amosun, who is representing Ogun Central Senatorial District, in a statement issued by his Media Assistant, Alhaji Bola Adeyemi, described Kashamu’s death as a loss to Nigeria.
“Death, once again, has robbed us of the contributions of an enigmatic politician of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) who represented Ogun East Senatorial District at the 8th Senate.
“Although we belonged to different political persuasions and disagreed on most issues, Sen. Kashamu will nonetheless be remembered for his assertive presence and uncommon doggedness in the political arena.
“He fought myriad of wars with every breadth in his soul in the defence of whatever he believed in and for his personal freedom.
“Hate him or love him, he could not be easily ignored,” Amosun said.
Amosun prayed that the Almighty Allah would forgive Kashamu’s sins and grant him eternal rest.
He expressed condolences to the nuclear and political family members of the deceased as well as to Ijebu Igbo community and Ogun as a whole.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment