The Special Adviser to Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra on Indigenous Medicine and Herbal Practice, Dr Onyekachukwu Ibezim, said that the government had identified six herbal drugs that could be used to manage Coronavirus in the state.
He stated this in Awka on Tuesday that the agency had forwarded the products to the National Agency for Food, Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC).
Ibezim He said that a team of medical experts was assembled to review the process before they decided to take the products to NAFDAC for its final confirmation and approval for public consumption.
The governor’s aide oosaid that the products were in capsule, powdered and liquid forms.
He urged herbal practitioners in the state who peddle different types of herbal products without seeking approval from the government agency in-charge of herbal products to desist forthwith.
“We have a team of medical experts in all areas of medicines who are saddled with the responsibility of reviewing herbal products in the state before they would be made public for use.
“We will give approval if the products fits our standard.
“We do not discriminate, the government has provided a friendly environment for business to thrive for all genuine herbal practitioners despite their states of origin,” he said.
“Anambra Traditional Medicine Board has been assigned the responsibility of properly analysing herbal products in the state and declare them fit for use by the public or otherwise before they are pushed out ; all practitioners are advised to comply,” he said.
Ibezim said that there were several unauthorised herbal products being peddled by some practitioners in the state, adding that government would soon clamp down on such.
He said that the state government had provided enough support for the agency to ensure that fake herbal products are wiped out from circulation.
Ibezim said that the agency had achieved some results and is desirous to consolidate on its past success while commending the governor for his support to the office of Indigenous Medicine and Herbal Practice.
“All our success is attributed to Gov. Obiano’s interest in providing total health for the residents of Anambra,” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections