Anambra guber candidate condemns military action on IPOB members
The gubernatorial candidate of the Progressive People’s Alliance (PPA), in Anambra State, Godwin Ezeemo, has described the Python Dance II military exercise as uncalled for in the south-east region.
Speaking after watching some video clips of soldiers subjecting some young people to torture and shooting them, the PPA guber candidate decried what he termed “a total disregard for human life” by the soldiers.
Ezeemo called on Nigerian government to call it off as it was heightening the tension and suspicion already in existence in the area.
“Civil disturbances are meant to be handled by the police, especially such that do not involve firearms. while I am not in support of the activities of the IPOB, I am against the kind of treatment they are getting from the Nigerian army even when they are not armed.
Read also: Government extends curfew, postpone school resumption in Abia
“There are other more civilized ways of checking the activities of people the army believe are causing unrest in the society; they can be arrested and detained but not killing them or torturing them and making them to drink polluted water. Whatever disease they contract would spread to the rest of the people.”
He added that, “Humans are humans regardless of who they are; someone gave birth to them and is looking up to them as their social security; to look after them in their old age,”
The PPA guber candidate however advised Nnamdi Kanu and his loyalists to be more civil and cautious in their choice of words; to be less inciting and more persuasive. Read also: Politicians responsible for south-east mayhem—- Army Spokesman
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Nigeria to launch two more satellites into space soon – Defence Agency
- NSCDC arrests 9 over alleged meter bypass in Osun
- INEC issues Certificate of Return to Zamfara gov-elect, deputy
- Osun Govt explains delay of civil servants’ March salaries
- Singer “Portable” cooling feet in police custody
- Interim Govt: DSS raising fake alarm, ploy to arrest opposition– Atiku
- Yul Edochie reports son’s death to Police for investigation
- Election: Nigerians in USA get permission to hold protest opposite White House
- Github fires its entire India engineering team, over 140 employees
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)