Low voter turnout characterized early voting in the Anambra Central Senatorial District re-run election organised by the INEC.
Correspondents of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) who visited voting centres in Awka South, Awka North, Dunukofia, Njikoka, Idemili North, Idemili South and Anaocha Local Government Areas report that electoral officials were at the polling units by 8 a.m.
NAN reports that at Aaba town Hall polling unit 005 and 006 both in Dunukofia, voting began at 8 a.m with four persons and two respectively voting at both units.
At Akpu in Ukpo also in Dunukofia, voting started at 8 a.m with the same low number of voters recorded.
NAN correspondents, who visited polling unit at Obosi Central School in Idemili North, Enugwu-Uku in Njikoka, polling unit eight located in Nri Primary in Anaocha also report that voting commenced at 8 a.m though the turnout was still low.
NAN reports that in all the polling units visited; only the agents of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) were sighted at the voting centres.
Mr Okonkwo Jisike, APGA agent, told NAN at Aroma Junction that he was impressed with the peaceful conduct of the exercise, adding “though the turnout is low, the exercise is going on peacefully’’.
NAN reports that observers were yet to arrive in the voting stations visited while there were impressive presence of security in all the polling units visited. (NAN)
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS