The Director General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Dr Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, has confirmed that seven people died in a collapsed building in Lagos on Sunday.
Oke-Osanyintolu made the confirmation as the LASEMA Response Team tried to clear the debris of the building.
He said that the uncompleted building, at 60 Odo Street, Obalende, Eti-Osa Local Government Area, partially collapsed and injured 15 people.
“Immediately we received a distress call at about 4:30p.m. on the incident, we activated our emergency response team and all responders headed for the scene.
“Rescue operation is still ongoing while initial findings are as follows: 10 Casualties treated with minor injuries, five severely injured persons exhumed from the remains and transferred to hospital,” he said.
Oke-Osanyintolu said that seven fatalities were discovered, six male and one female.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the body of another male victim was discovered at about 8:14 p.m., bringing the total number of fatalities to seven.
Contact: [email protected]
- Harry Akande dies at 77
- N100m not paid as ransom to secure release of Chinese — Association
- 18 dead after carbon monoxide leak in China coal mine – Report
- PWDs: CCD urges MDAs in Lagos State to fully implement disability laws
- Air Peace receives another aircraft from C-Check maintenance – Official
- Peace talks: Afghan national reconciliation council holds first meeting
- Ghanaians confident of peaceful general elections
- Ejike Oji wants state govts. to key into FP programmes, develop plan
- Indian minister tests positive after getting COVID-19 vaccine trial dose
- Enugu by-election commences hitch-free, peacefully
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)