Another lady was allegedly raped and killed in her apartment in Ibadan on Thursday night few days after Barakat Bello and Vivian Uwaila were killed in the same manner.
The latest victim, Shomuyiwa Azeezat was a postgraduate student of University of Ibadan (UI).
The incident occurred on Thursday night June 4th at her apartment in Ijefun Moniya road, Akinyele LGA of Oyo state. Eyewitnesses found a big stone near her mattress, leading to speculation that her head which was covered with blood was smashed with the stone.
An eyewitness said;
“Her neighbors discovered her dead this morning in her apartment and quickly informed the police.
“Upon interrogation by men of the Oyo State police command, the neighbors claimed not to have heard anything during the night and were whisked away for further questioning.”
The incident which occurred few days after Bello Barakat was also raped and murdered in Ibadan, has left many social media users now demanding for justice for the late rape victim with the hashtag #JusticeForAzeezat.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes