Another member of the House of Representatives, Jonathan Gaza has defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Governor Abdulahi Sule of Nasarawa state was present to witness the defection of Gaza who is last PDP member from Nasarawa State in the House.
The Governor was at the house of representatives alongside two former governors of the state, Tanko Almakura and Abdulahi Adamu, who are both serving senators as Speaker of the House, Femi Gbajabiamila read the lawmaker’s letter, stating his reason for defecting to the ruling party.
Mr Gaza cited division in the state chapter of the PDP as the reason for decamping. He is now the fifth House of Reps member to move from the PDP to the APC this week.
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt