Private and public schools have resumed for the first and second term across Lagos State.
The federal government fixed today January 18 for reopening of schools across the country, even as it continues to deal with the second wave of COVID-19.
The Lagos State Ministry of Education on Sunday, issued a statement on the plan to monitor resumption and compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Director of Public Affairs, Lagos State Ministry of Education, Kayode Abayomi, has already said the Commissioner of Education, Mrs. Folasade Adefisayo, will visit schools in Agege, Igando, Surulere and Ikeja.
“In a bid to monitor schools’ resumption and the COVID-19 protocol guidelines compliance, the Commissioner for Education will be visiting some schools around Agege Axis as early as 7.30 am tomorrow. Places like Surulere, Ikeja, Agege and Igando will be covered,” Abayomi said in a statement.
Although students of both public and private schools could be seen leaving home on Monday morning, most parents and guardians have chosen to keep their wards back.
There is fear and apprehension about the deadlier new strain of coronavirus. There is also concern on whether schools are well equipped to put mandatory protocols in place.
Some have even wondered why civil servants have been asked to stay home, while children resume at school.
Barring any closure as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the second term of the 2020/2021 academic session will run for 61 days for both public and private schools.
This is according to the revised calendar for the 2020/2021 academic session from the Office of the Education Quality Assurance (OEQA).
The second term will run from today to April 30.
Resumption for the third term has been scheduled for May 4, while the term is to terminate August 6.
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate