Anambra North Youths Initiatives’ ODIANYI, the umbrella body of all youths groups in Anambra North Senatorial Zone of Anambra State, yesterday, charged the APC leadership not to bend to the aspirations of those they described as bad losers who want Dr. Tony Nwoye to be replaced as candidate
Nwoye The youths at a town hall meeting in Aguleri also described those canvassing for a replacement as bad losers. The communique of the meeting was revealed by a leader of the youths, Comrade Tony Obiora Okafor, shortly after the town hall meeting, attended by youth leaders in various wards in Anambra North Senatorial Zone.
The youths met to deliberate on the candidacy of all the governorship flag bearers of various parties, especially, those from Anambra North Senatorial Zone. While welcoming the candidacy of Dr. Nwoye, as the candidate of the APC, the youths said: “We are using this opportunity to tell the people peddling the rumors of who is sponsoring Dr. Nwoye that their claim is unfounded and is being peddled by faceless people he defeated in the election.
We welcome Dr Tony Nwoye’s candidacy as the governorship flag bearer of APC) in the forthcoming Anambra governorship election. “We also totally condemn some group of people urging the party, APC to reject Dr. Nwoye, they are faceless, disgruntled bootlickers of unnamed Abuja based cabal in the state, it is also the handiwork of Dr. Nwoye’s enemies who are afraid and envious of his grassroots popularity and acceptance throughout the state.
“It will be counter productive for APC to drop Dr. Nwoye after he has won the party delegates election that made him the candidate for the election, we will work against anybody that will be presented by the party if the APC leadership listens to these enemies of the party who do not want its growth in Anambra state, they should therefore be ignored.”
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List