This decision comes only a few hours before the original date of the exercise, which was earlier slated for Sunday, May 29.
APC’s announcement comes after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) accepted appeals by political parties to extend the dates for the conduct of primary elections.
ROYAL NEWS reports INEC in a statement on Friday, extended the dates for primaries by six days.
Earlier, political parties had requested for 37 to 60 days extension of the timeline for primaries and the nomination of candidates but the commission refused the plea.
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt