This decision comes only a few hours before the original date of the exercise, which was earlier slated for Sunday, May 29.
APC’s announcement comes after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) accepted appeals by political parties to extend the dates for the conduct of primary elections.
ROYAL NEWS reports INEC in a statement on Friday, extended the dates for primaries by six days.
Earlier, political parties had requested for 37 to 60 days extension of the timeline for primaries and the nomination of candidates but the commission refused the plea.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- ONDO: 77 victims found underground were awaiting second coming of Jesus Christ— Pastors
- MURIC TO NECO : PLEASE SHIFT EXAM FROM SALAH DAY
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Gov. Abdulrazaq approves job recruitment in Kwara
- UNICEF Commends the Rescue of Over 50 Abducted Children in Ondo
- Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 11 die in incinerated vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Ekiti residents urge governor-elect to give priority to security
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ