Operatives from the office of the Inspector General of police have arrested a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Enugu State, James Okugo Nwanjoku, over alleged social media comment on the Coronavirus status of the Foreign Affairs Minister, Geoffrey Onyema.
Nwanjoku, who is APC Youth Leader in Enugu West Senatorial Zone, was whisked away from his father’s palace in Oduma, Friday evening, and detained at the Police Area Command in Enugu, to be moved to Abuja later today (Sunday).
The Minister had earlier accused the chieftain of publishing false information against him and his personnel assistant, Mr. Flavour Eze in the social media to the effect that they had contracted the deadly virus.
Last Friday evening, a team of policemen had stormed Oduma community in Aninri Council of the state and arrested Nwanjoku, whose father is the community’s traditional ruler.
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price