A chieftain of All Progressives Congress in Abia state, Mr. Destiny Chibuike Ukauwa has reportedly escaped assassination attempt by yet-to – be identified gunmen.
Ukauwa at a media briefing after the incident along a road leading to the State House of Assembly also accused the ruling Peoples Democratic Party of plot to assassinate him.
He called on the police authority in the state to investigate attempt on his life.
Recalling how he miraculously escaped assassination along BCA Road in Umuahia last week when four men operating in a Camry car suspected to be hired killers attempted to double cross and shot him, Ukauwa said his escape was by the grace of God.
He claimed that the alleged attempt on his life by gunmen was the handiwork of agents of those he described as his political opponents in state government was due to his aspiration to govern Abia and his consistent criticism of the PDP in Abia state.
According to him, “I’m in a deep fear. Because I know the plot to assassinate me has to do with my ambition to vie for governorship seat of Abia come 2019. I strongly believe that this attack is coming from the ruling PDP in the state.
“It happened two days ago around 8:00pm as I was driving towards BCA road, Umuahia. Some men about four of them followed me up, I stopped, they also stopped and double crossed me. Before I knew what was happening, I heard sound of gunshots everywhere; it was only through God’s grace that I escaped,” he said.
Ukauwa who feared he could be attacked again, called on police in the state to investigate the alleged attempt on his life with a view to arresting and prosecuting the culprits.
The Ohuhu, Umuahia-born politician reiterated that no amount of harassment and intimidation will deter him from vying for the governorship seat of the state, saying he was on a mission to better the lives of the people of Abia state
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES