The Director of Research, Planning, Strategy and Intelligent matters, All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr Bartholomew Ugwoke has refuted his membership of APC South-east Front in support of the presidential ambition of the Senate President Ahmad Lawan.
Ugwoke, a chieftain of APC from Enugu State, said he was not consulted by the coordinator or any member of the Lawan support group before his name was published in an advertorial placed in one of the national dailies.
A statement issued by Ugwoke in Abuja on Thursday, said that his position as a director limited him from supporting any presidential aspirant of the party.
The former state party chairman said he could only show his support for a candidate of the party not an aspirant.
“I have read with dismay an advertorial placed by the APC South-east Front supporting the candidature of the Senate President Ahmad Lawan for the presidential ticket of APC, with my name on the Enugu list.
“I must say sincerely that there was no time I was consulted by the coordinator or any member of the Front for my consent.
“As a director in the national headquarters of our party, I understand that there are limitations on my support for party aspirants.
“I can only support a party candidate and not an aspirant as supporting an aspirant as a director will affect my discharge of duties.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community