Facts have emerged of the circumstances that surrounded the rumour making the rounds that a former Governorship aspirant in Kwara State, Hon. Moshood Mustapha, is mastermiding crisis within the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the State.
The party Chairman in Ilorin West Local Government, Mr.Tejidini Sulyman, at the weekend dismissed the allegation describing it as mere move to smear the character of the ex-lawmaker .
He dismissed the story linked to a group called “Defender of Kwara Freedom” on Saturday at the party’s secretariat, stressing that the group is non-visible nor known by anybody, ROYAL NEWS reports.
According to him, “The unknown group was behind the mischievous story circulating online and also used in one of the private Radio Station owned by one of the APC leaders in the state to further cause disunity within the party at the Ward, Local and State levels.”
He also warned the perpetrators of the evil plans to desist from such act aimed at dragging the name of a foremost political leaders from Alanamu Ward who has contributed a lot to the survival of the party from beginning till now will allow them get political appointments and recognition from Governor AbdulRahman Abdulrazaq.
“I do not know the group named ‘Defender Of Kwara Freedom’ that released the statement neither their members that signed it in my local government or even in the state. I therefore boldly say they are agents of destruction”
“Although, there is an internal misunderstanding at Alanamu Ward within the executives of the party and we are working to ensure that peace reign amongst them. This is normal and not peculiar to Alanamu only. A committee was set up to look at the complaints against the Ward Chairman by some members alleging marginalization with a view to resolving the matter. The committee will soon submit its report and necessary action will be taken to put the matter to rest.
“APC members with the interest of the party should not allowed themselves to be used in pursuing hiding agenda. In Ilorin West we have respect for all our political leaders starting from Governor that is also from the Local Government and all other leaders that worked morally and financially for the victory of the party in the last General Elections both at the State and National”.
- Ex-Gov. Ahmed to be charge to court soon– EFCC
- Oyo Govt Reopens Industrial Facility Sealed Over Pollution
- Customs deploys new Area Controller to Kwara
- Senate probes cement, other building materials’ prices increase
- Kwara students applaud AbdulRazaq for pro-masses programmes
- Senate rejects planned electricity tariff hike, probes N2trn subsidy requirements
- CBN’s Monetary Policy C’ttee nominees proffer solutions to FX, food crisis
- Senate confirms NHIA, NPC, NAHCON nominees
- Abuja lawyer, Maxwell Opara drags Tinubu to Court over alleged lopsided appointments
- Kwara AGILE to Secure Future of Children – KWSG