President Muhammadu Buhari’s decision on the suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, has been commended.
The National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Mr. Lanre Issa-Onilu, stated this during an interview with journalists .
He noted that the APC would continue to support every action of the government geared towards ridding the nation of corruption.
On claims by the opposition that Buhari’s action was aimed at manipulating the elections, Issa-Onilu said the opposition was entitled to its opinion.
The APC had, last week, insisted that Onnoghen, who is accused of false declaration of assets, must stand trial.
Speaking with our correspondent on Friday, Issa-Onilu said, “This is an action by an APC government and we therefore support it.
“Whatever action taken by the President was taken by the APC and we stand by it.”
- Aishatu Gobir delivers UNILORIN 219th Inaugural Lecture Dec. 1
- Late KWASU VC: University Releases Appreciation Notification
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor