By Hammed Salawu, Minna.
The Niger state chapter of All Progressives Congress, (APC), has donated relief materials worth over a million naira to victims of armed bandit attack in Shiroro local government area of the state.
ROYAL news reports that no fewer than 38 people were confirmed dead, 21 sustained injuries while about 2,353 persons were displaced during the attack.
APC Chairman in the state, Engr. Mohammad Jibril Imam, while presenting the materials on Sunday at the village in the area sympathized with the victims and enjoined citizens to be security conscious and always report promptly any suspicious persons to security agencies.
Represented by the Deputy State Chairman, Alhaji Aliyu Ladan, the chairman charged for judicious use of the materials urging the community to take as a will of God but should ensure surveillance by the people at anytime
According to him, the materials donated include, 10 bags of 50kg rice, 10 bags of maize, 10 bags of corn, 5 bags of salts, 2 cartons of Maggi seasoning, 10 jerricans of palm oil.
Receiving the items, the local government party chairman of Shiroro local government, Alhaji Suleiman Dauda Chukuba appreciated the party, government and security agencies for prompt intervention.
He further thanked God as the situation is calming, adding that some of the victims have started relocating back to their homes.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption