Ondo State Progressive Students Leaders (OSPSL) have endorsed an aspirant of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Isaac Kekemeke, as their preferred candidate for the party’s July 22 governorship primary.
Mr Banjo Omojuwa, who led the group on a courtesy visit to his campaign office in Akure on Saturday, expressed optimism that Kekemeke possessed sterling quality to succeed incumbent Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu.
Omojuwa said that the group endorsed Kekemeke after careful assessment of his manifesto and plan of action, especially the components of his education agenda.
The group lauded the track record of Kekemeke as a successful public administrator and expressed optimism on his blueprint for the development of the state.
“We hereby throw our weight behind Kekemeke in making sure the good plans he has for the state see the light of the day by contributing our quota to making him emerge as the next governor of the Sunshine State.
“Kekemeke has been a good ambassador of the youth ever since he has been occupying public office, where he served in different offices meritoriously.
“We believe his numerous wealth of experience in public office will be deployed in making Ondo State an enviable state,” Omojuwa said.
Responding, Kekemeke commended the group for volunteering their support and assured them of his determination to implement his education programme to the letter, if elected.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Kekemeke was a former Secretary to Ondo State Government, two-time commissioner and pioneer chairman of the party in the state.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes