Ondo State Progressive Students Leaders (OSPSL) have endorsed an aspirant of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Isaac Kekemeke, as their preferred candidate for the party’s July 22 governorship primary.
Mr Banjo Omojuwa, who led the group on a courtesy visit to his campaign office in Akure on Saturday, expressed optimism that Kekemeke possessed sterling quality to succeed incumbent Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu.
Omojuwa said that the group endorsed Kekemeke after careful assessment of his manifesto and plan of action, especially the components of his education agenda.
The group lauded the track record of Kekemeke as a successful public administrator and expressed optimism on his blueprint for the development of the state.
“We hereby throw our weight behind Kekemeke in making sure the good plans he has for the state see the light of the day by contributing our quota to making him emerge as the next governor of the Sunshine State.
“Kekemeke has been a good ambassador of the youth ever since he has been occupying public office, where he served in different offices meritoriously.
“We believe his numerous wealth of experience in public office will be deployed in making Ondo State an enviable state,” Omojuwa said.
Responding, Kekemeke commended the group for volunteering their support and assured them of his determination to implement his education programme to the letter, if elected.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Kekemeke was a former Secretary to Ondo State Government, two-time commissioner and pioneer chairman of the party in the state.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign