Former Lagos state governor, Bola Tinubu, has asked Nigerians to ignore rumors that he is sick.
Tinubu who is aspiring to become President in 2023, said this while speaking at the palace of Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji, on Friday, February 26.
Speaking on insinuations that he was unhealthy thus ineligible to contest for the post of president, Tinubu said the work of president he has applied for was not bricklaying, race running, or grave digging, but the one that requires the use of brain and intelligence.
“I have the brain and the capacity. If you hear them saying, he is sick, I didn’t apply for the job of race running. I didn’t apply for the job of bricklaying. I went to school to study Accountancy and Management.
I didn’t apply for a job of a gravedigger. I have applied for a job of brain and intelligence, focus thinking. The job I want to do for Nigeria is for Nigeria to be greater and be proud of itself, our children, and we leave a legacy of success, unlimited success for our great, great children.”he said.
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated