APC owing 6yrs rent in Enugu– Landlord
By Simon Ujah, Kaduna
The ruling All progressive Congress, APC, State party secretariat in Enugu state has been sealed off by officials of Enugu state housing corporation due to nonpayment of rent since 2014.
The party secretariat was sealed off over the inability of the leadership of the party to pay six years rent arrears, amounted to about N9 million, owed the landlord, Mr. Prince Siar Samuel Ejofor, he revealed.
The default in payment is already causing stirs among the ranking political gladiators in the area as Ken Nnamani blamed the some members of hijacking the party.
In a telephone conversation with ROYAL NEWS reporter, the owner of the property, Mr. Prince Siar Samuel Ejiofor, expressed serious lamentation over the action of the party leadership especially old and news the state party chairman chief O. Onwoiye and Oche Okechukwu, respectively.
Prince Ejofor, who was a commissioner in Enugu under the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP), said he was tired of promises without paying the rent by the chairman, chief Okechukwu.
He said he even extended the contacts to include all those that matters in the party but nothing was paid to him for the six years rent arrears which led to the closure of the office recently.
Price Ejofor said the party chairman before Oche Okechukwu, paid N1.5 million in 2013 when they secured the office accommodation, and nothing was paid him again since then.
According to him, “If meet Mr A, he will tell you to see Mr B, C or B. The party is in crises and so nobody is willing to pay. The house belong Enugu state housing corporation, and we pay ground rent every year, but because they have been paying me, I’ve not been able to pay the ground rent, that’s why they sealed it”, he said.
He said he also contacted minister of foreign affairs Jeffry Onyema and Ken Nnamani, for the rent arrears but it was story and stories.
He lamented the actions of the part toward him, saying APC should have been gratetful to him because most his PDP colleagues refused to give office accommodation accept him.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- (PHOTOS)EFCC arrests 28 suspected Yahoo Yahoo boys in Kwara
- Aggrieved parties file 25 petitions before Lagos election tribunal
- Referee suspended for using fan’s phone to review a goal
- Ramadan: Buhari sends best wishes to Muslim faithful
- NLC declares nationwide strike from Wednesday next week
- President-Elect Tinubu jets out to Europe
- JUST IN…..Emir of Ilorin confirms commencement of Ramadan fasting tomorrow
- I didn’t interfere, polls reflected Nigerians’ choices – Buhari
- Remove fuel subsidy before you go — U.S to Buhari
- Kwara: EFCC secures conviction of 37yr-old driver over illegal minning