By Simon Ujah, Kaduna
The ruling All progressive Congress, APC, State party secretariat in Enugu state has been sealed off by officials of Enugu state housing corporation due to nonpayment of rent since 2014.
The party secretariat was sealed off over the inability of the leadership of the party to pay six years rent arrears, amounted to about N9 million, owed the landlord, Mr. Prince Siar Samuel Ejofor, he revealed.
The default in payment is already causing stirs among the ranking political gladiators in the area as Ken Nnamani blamed the some members of hijacking the party.
In a telephone conversation with ROYAL NEWS reporter, the owner of the property, Mr. Prince Siar Samuel Ejiofor, expressed serious lamentation over the action of the party leadership especially old and news the state party chairman chief O. Onwoiye and Oche Okechukwu, respectively.
Prince Ejofor, who was a commissioner in Enugu under the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP), said he was tired of promises without paying the rent by the chairman, chief Okechukwu.
He said he even extended the contacts to include all those that matters in the party but nothing was paid to him for the six years rent arrears which led to the closure of the office recently.
Price Ejofor said the party chairman before Oche Okechukwu, paid N1.5 million in 2013 when they secured the office accommodation, and nothing was paid him again since then.
According to him, “If meet Mr A, he will tell you to see Mr B, C or B. The party is in crises and so nobody is willing to pay. The house belong Enugu state housing corporation, and we pay ground rent every year, but because they have been paying me, I’ve not been able to pay the ground rent, that’s why they sealed it”, he said.
He said he also contacted minister of foreign affairs Jeffry Onyema and Ken Nnamani, for the rent arrears but it was story and stories.
He lamented the actions of the part toward him, saying APC should have been gratetful to him because most his PDP colleagues refused to give office accommodation accept him.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation