Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan, has applauded President Muhammadu Buhari for providing a level playing ground for all aspirants at the just concluded presidential primary of the All Progressives Congress, APC.
Lawan, who was a contestant in the primary, according to a statement by his Special Adviser on Media, Ola Awoniyi, hailed the President for the smooth conduct of the exercise.
He said: “I thank President Muhammadu Buhari for providing exemplary leadership in the conduct of our presidential primary.
“The President truly demonstrated his leadership role by providing a level playing field for all the contestants.
“I thank all the delegates who voted for me for their support and all my supporters all over the country for their solidarity. I remain indebted to all of them. I have not and will never take their show of love for granted.
“Just as I have indicated earlier shortly after the primary, with the successful conclusion of the exercise, we should all channel our energy to ensuring the success of our great party at the 2023 polls.
“I am confident that once we forge a common front against our opponents, victory will be ours,” Lawan said.
The Senate President also commended the National Chairman of the party, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, members of the National Working Committee, NWC and party members who officiated at the primary for a job well done.
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG