Senator John Akpanudoedehe, national secretary of the Interim Party and Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC) announced in a statement on Wednesday in Abuja.
He said the committee should proceed with the selection of candidates in accordance with the provisions of the party constitution and the guidelines for the nomination of candidates.
According to him, Mr. Ikechi Emenike will chair the committee while Augustine Utuk will be its secretary.
Other committee members include; Eugene Odo, Prof Ben Angwe, Ms Kemi Nelson, Ahmed Aliyu and Prof Adeolu Akande.
The committee will be inaugurated on June 10 at the National Secretariat of the APC.
The Nigeria News Agency (NAN) reports that 14 wannabes were scrambling for the APC ticket to contest the elections scheduled for November 6.
The party’s primary to choose its candidate from among the 14 aspirants was set for June 26.
APC’s expression of interest and nomination forms were sold to applicants for N2.5 million and N20 million respectively. (NAA)
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death