Senator John Akpanudoedehe, national secretary of the Interim Party and Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC) announced in a statement on Wednesday in Abuja.
He said the committee should proceed with the selection of candidates in accordance with the provisions of the party constitution and the guidelines for the nomination of candidates.
According to him, Mr. Ikechi Emenike will chair the committee while Augustine Utuk will be its secretary.
Other committee members include; Eugene Odo, Prof Ben Angwe, Ms Kemi Nelson, Ahmed Aliyu and Prof Adeolu Akande.
The committee will be inaugurated on June 10 at the National Secretariat of the APC.
The Nigeria News Agency (NAN) reports that 14 wannabes were scrambling for the APC ticket to contest the elections scheduled for November 6.
The party’s primary to choose its candidate from among the 14 aspirants was set for June 26.
APC’s expression of interest and nomination forms were sold to applicants for N2.5 million and N20 million respectively. (NAA)
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5
- INEC extends PVCs collection deadline
- Buhari rejoices with 90yr-old female Professor, Bolanle Awe
- Ukraine President Zelensky appoints Oby Ezekwesili as ambassador
- Breaking: Buhari wades into Naira new notes scarcity
- Fuel scarcity worsens, bites harder in FCT