The National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi, has called on Islamic preachers and scholars to use their sermons during the month of Ramadan period to preach the words of Allah and sayings of the holy prophet to re-unite the nation.
Mallam Abdullahi in a statement issued to journalists in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital to felicitate with Muslims across the country on the commencement of this year’s Ramadan fast, said religious leaders have great roles to play in ensuring peace and harmonious relationship among different religions and ethnics.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the APC Spokesman also charged those causing crisis in the country, especially promoters of various killings in different parts of the country to refrain from such evil act and work for the progress of Nigeria.
Mallam Abdullahi described Ramadan as a sacred month for all Muslims to increase their subjugations and worship of Allah and stressed the need for them to move closer to Allah and seek forgiveness.
He is optimistic that with fervent prayers and passion for the country, Nigeria would be great again and overcome different challenges confronting and retarding its progress.
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children