Some of the vehicles used for daily operations in the State House were purchased as far back as 1999, Permanent Secretary in State House, Jalal Arabi, has said
A statement issued in Abuja on Monday by the State House Deputy Director (Information), Attah Esa, said Arabi stated this when he led his management team to the National Assembly for the defense of the 2020 budget.
The Permanent Secretary also defended the State House budget proposals before the Senate Committee on Federal Character and Inter-governmental Affairs.
Arabi who appeared before the House of Representatives Committee on Special Duties said there was an urgent need to replace those vehicles as they have become very difficult to maintain.
He said, “With the release of funds in 2018, some of the vehicles, especially security vehicles were replaced, spares purchased but we are still nowhere near our optimal level since no vehicles were purchased this year (2019).
“The proposals are in line with our provisions in the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan document, discussed and agreed with the Budget Office of the Federation, and is to be implemented over a three-year period.”
According to him, the sum of N6.569 billion was proposed for capital expenditure, representing a 5.5 per cent reduction in the capital budget proposal for 2019 expenditure of the seat of government.
The chairman, House Committee on Special Duties, Samaila Suleiman, while expressing satisfaction with the presentation, assured that the committee would carefully consider the presentation.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Train attack victims: FG reveals details on alleged ransome paid
- AbdulRazaq greets Muslims, attends Kwara’s annual Maulid celebration
- Buhari presents N20.51trn 2023 budget to National Assembly
- Gbajabiamila Pledges Timely Passage of 2023 Budget
- Al-Hikmah varsity Founder offers scholarships to late Sheikh Aboto’s children
- Oil theft has put economic diversification under serious threat—-Lawan
- BREAKING…Appeal Court orders ASUU to call off strike
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday