Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola has condemned the existence of a spurious spiritual psychiatric centre in Iwo, Osun State and warned against setting up of such unscrupulous healing and rehabilitation centre in any part of the state.
The governor who spoke through the Director, Bureau of Communication and Strategy, Office of the Governor, Semiu Okanlawon on Sunday lamented that the discovery of an illegal rehabilitation home along the Iwo-Osogbo Road was shocking and uncalled for.
Aregbesola frowned that with the efforts of the state government in taking care of the people with mental challenge in the state, no one has reason to set up any spurious spiritual psychiatric centre in Osun.
“Preliminary investigations have indicated that the person who claims to be in charge of this rehabilitation home; the entire environment of the location and other relevant factors have shown that this is unacceptable.”
“The government has moved fast to evacuate the emaciated mentally challenged persons who were found to be in different deplorable states of health to its facilities at the state hospital and rehabilitation home while the State Police Command continues with its full investigations.”
“This is therefore to state categorically that the Government of Osun will not permit the setting up and running of rehabilitation homes in any part of the state.
“As a government with a high sense of responsibility to its people, the State, through its Ministry of Women, Children and Social Welfare and Special Needs, has put in place a rehabilitation home that meets international standards. Anything short of this standard would therefore not be permitted.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment