The Arewa Initiative for Peaceful Coexistence in Southern Nigeria, AIPCSN, has condemned the five Northern governors’ visit to Chief Nyesom Wike, after the clash between Hausa community and the secessionist group, the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), in the state.
The National Coordinator of AIPCSN, Alhaji Musa Saidu, berated governors over refusal to commiserate with the victims, noting that the victims of the clash had expected them to visit them or the scene of the incident.
Saidu who spoke to journalists in Port Harcourt said the attitude showed that the Northerners living in the Southern part of the country were not valued by their leaders.
“Now, we knew that five of our own governors came to the State, stayed and left without a message for us. We had expected the governors to visit us and know how we are feeling. “We had expected them to come and commiserate with the Hausa Community in Rivers State. they did not visit us, they did not visit the scene where the incident happened in Rivers State. their action was not good.
“The attack was not only targeted at Muslims in the state, but both Muslims and Christians were victims of the attack by the IPOB members. The attacks in Abia and Rivers States, as well as the reprisals in Plateau State is unfortunate, there is no need for the shedding of blood”.
The group also sued for peace among Nigerians, irrespective of ethnicity, religion, and reiterating that the unity of the nation is not negotiable.
Saidu further added that, “Nigerians should learn to live together as brothers and sisters, We need peace and we want peace in all parts of the country, We want to live in peace.
“Even if you kill the man selling groundnut, or the shoemaker (cobbler) in the street, what is your gain? My plea is, let us live together. We don’t want reprisal from any quarters.
“Please, we should not bring religion into it, because if we do that, it would have more adverse effects on everybody in the country. Let us appreciate our peaceful coexistence and live in harmony,”
- Senate approves Tinubu’s removal of Irukera as FCCPC boss
- NDDC: Senate rejects Anambra as lawmakers biker over Kogi
- Senate Summons Wike , FCT CP over spate of kidnappings
- Reps Reject NNPCL’s OVH Acquisition Report, Order Fresh Investigation
- NNPCL, OPEC Pledge Collaboration to Attract Investments, Grow Production
- COED Tech. lay-off 95 workers in Enugu over alleged irregularities
- ‘Yahoo Plus’ pushes 27yr-old man to kill father for rituals
- (PHOTOS) Army GOC visits Shehu of Borno, sues for collaboration
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative
- NLC suspends nationwide protest