A joint security patrol team compromising officers and men of the Nigerian Army, the Nigerian Police Force and Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) exchanged heavy gunfire with armed bandits around Galkogo Forest, in Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State last weekend.
PRNigeria learnt that while the bandits suffered heavy casualties, at least twenty security personnel were killed during the bloody gun duel.
The bodies of security operatives and volunteers killed during the encounter were immediately evacuated and conveyed to the Minna General Hospital.
Efforts of PRNigeria to get responses from the spokespersons of both the Nigerian Army and Niger State Police command proved abortive as their mobile lines could not be reached at the time of filing this report.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign