He stated this in his message to the 2022 armed forces remembrance day celebration jumat prayer held at the national mosque, Abuja, as contained in statement issued by the Special Assistant to the Minister of Defence on Media and Publicity, Mohammad Abdulkadri, on Friday.
The special prayer was attended by the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Farouk Yahaya, the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Auwal Zubair Gambo, Inspector General of Police Usman Alikali Baba, serving and retired military officers, leadership of the Nigerian para-military as well as members of the foreign and diplomatic communities.
Represented by the Nigeria’s Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan, the president noted that the federal government will continue to empower the military professionally in order to end insecurity in some parts of the Country.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the ceremonial prayers was led by the Chief Imam of the National Mosque, Dr Mohammad Kabir Adam.
The cleric implored Nigerians not to relent in their support and prayers for the Armed Forces.
Also at the event was the Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) who disclosed that prayer for the armed forces remembrance day celebration is in appreciation and recognition of the sacrifices made by the unknown soldiers in defending the Nation’s territorial integrity.
The minister said Nigerians should compliment government’s support by rewarding the sacrifices of serving and retired soldiers as well as to remember the families they left behind.
Meanwhile, the Minister of Information, Culture and Orientation, Alhaji Lai Mohammed implored the media to improve on reporting the gallantry of the Fighting Forces who are daily paying the supreme price for the survival of the nation.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA
- Kwara Gov greets Olofa of Offa at 59