He stated this in his message to the 2022 armed forces remembrance day celebration jumat prayer held at the national mosque, Abuja, as contained in statement issued by the Special Assistant to the Minister of Defence on Media and Publicity, Mohammad Abdulkadri, on Friday.
The special prayer was attended by the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Farouk Yahaya, the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Auwal Zubair Gambo, Inspector General of Police Usman Alikali Baba, serving and retired military officers, leadership of the Nigerian para-military as well as members of the foreign and diplomatic communities.
Represented by the Nigeria’s Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan, the president noted that the federal government will continue to empower the military professionally in order to end insecurity in some parts of the Country.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the ceremonial prayers was led by the Chief Imam of the National Mosque, Dr Mohammad Kabir Adam.
The cleric implored Nigerians not to relent in their support and prayers for the Armed Forces.
Also at the event was the Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) who disclosed that prayer for the armed forces remembrance day celebration is in appreciation and recognition of the sacrifices made by the unknown soldiers in defending the Nation’s territorial integrity.
The minister said Nigerians should compliment government’s support by rewarding the sacrifices of serving and retired soldiers as well as to remember the families they left behind.
Meanwhile, the Minister of Information, Culture and Orientation, Alhaji Lai Mohammed implored the media to improve on reporting the gallantry of the Fighting Forces who are daily paying the supreme price for the survival of the nation.
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo