Some heavily armed bandits on Thursday attacked a branch of Wema bank located at Ise-Ekiti in Ise/Orun local government area of Ekiti state.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that a policeman was killed during the operation.
According to reports, the armed robbers, who came to the bank in two vehicles, shot the policeman dead before they blew the door of the bank with explosives to gain entrance into the bank.
A source, who said the bank took delivery of cash on Thursday, alleged that the robbers made away with undisclosed amount of money.
Further checks confirmed that the robbers came into the town through the Ikere-Ise Road, “They shot into the air to scare away those within the vicinity of the bank”, the source said.
The Police Public Relations officer, Ekiti Command, Caleb Ikechukwu, who confirmed the attack, said, “It is confirmed that a policeman was killed.”
Ikechukwu said the robbers attacked the bank with dynamite and gained entry into the banking hall.
He said, “I can confirm to you that a bank was robbed at Ise Ekiti this (Thursday) afternoon. The robbers broke the security door with explosive material, precisely dynamite. Our men are on their trail and we shall ensure that none of them escapes.”
- (See Pictures) Court sends 20 internet fraudsters to jail in Oyo
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin